Yes I spent a majority of it in my PJ’s but some items in my wardrobe got a lot of love!
We did spend quite a lot of 2021 indoors but when I did get dressed it really showed me which pieces I gravitated too the most so I thought instead of doing a beauty favourites this year i’d do more of a style favourites so here are my top 10 items I’ve worn in 2021.
- Second Hand Uniqlo Cashmere Cardigan. This was passed down to me from a family friend and I couldn’t have been happier. Cashemre is crazy expensive but incredibly warm, it’s something of an investment piece so having a cream one just handed to me was a blessing. I wear it on it’s own on the spring time and then as a layering item during the winter.
- Marks & Spencer Courdroy Skirt. I actually bought this on a whim (it had been a stressful day) but it’s become a staple in my day to day life because I can wear it for work and casual all year round – I prefer it with black tights but it would work with bare legs as well.
- BAM Cycling Shorts. Not in use so much in the colder months but defineitly a summer essential. So easy to style with an oversized sweatshirt or shirt and a pair of trainers.
4. Rollnecks. Okay so i’m collectivly grouping these together becasue I have 3 I wear on rotation. The perfect layering piece for both casual and at work. Tucked into jeans, a skirt, layered underneath knitwear or a sweatshirt I just can’t get enough. All three of mine are around 5+ years old and old H&M so when these ones start getting holey i’ll opt for more sustainable and ethical options.
5. Marks & Spencers Sienna Straight Leg Jeans. I was always a skinny jeans girl but after lockdown I put a pair on and couldn’t wait to take them off so I transitioned over to straight leg and have never looked back – I’ve also recently started wearing flares and I have a sneaky feeling they will be in my 2022 round up.
6. Second Hand Marks & Spencer Shirt. If you watched my ‘No Jeans July’ on Tik Tok you will have seen this feature alot. It was my mums but she passed it on to me and it’s not really left my back since. The perfect oversize shirt great for throwing over a t-shirt or strap top for a slightly smarter look.
7. Veja Esplar Leather Trainers. The best purchase I’ve ever made. I have the fluro orange ones and they add a bit of fun to my more neautral outfits. They are quite a ‘formal’ trainer so they work really well for work as well as weekend wear. Super comfortable and one of the most sustainable and ethical trainers on the market.
8. Brandy Melville Cropped White Shirt. This has been in my wardrobe forever and it just keeps on giving. Perfect for all occasions, plus it’s super soft. I will be really sad when this can no longer be worn because I’ve never seen anything like it either cut wise or fabric.
9. Sassy Spud ‘Eat Jam Not Ham’ Sweatshirt. Sweatshirts in general are my go to on a casual day, I prefer to style them tucked in with a roll neck or shirt underneath. I do have a variety of sweatshirts but this one is definitely my most worn – mainly because my others are Harry Potter themed and I don’t always have the confidence to wear them.
10. Marks & Spencer Black Lace Up Boots. For any outfits that my Veja‘s didn’t go with these were on my foot, they are the perfect chunky boot but also waterproof so very practical as well.
Check out all my daily looks from 2021 here.